White Teachers, 'Spirit Murder,' And A School Near You
Cindy Marten has a 37-year career influencing San Diego’s children with her radical, racist ideologies, and if confirmed next month, she’s headed to Washington as Deputy Secretary of Education, where she will help install her bigoted agenda into the curriculum of schools across the nation.
Have a look at these fun-facts about Marten’s Marxist resume’ as Superintendent of San Diego Unified Public Schools and decide for yourself:
- She added a new “ethnic studies” curriculum focused on racial grievances.
- She twice hired Bettina Love, associate professor of educational theory and practice at the University of Georgia, as featured speaker whose trainings topics included "abolitionist teaching" and "spirit murder."
- As of October 19, 2020, the District no longer considers late work, attendance or behavior when determining final grades.
Marten's series of mandatory teacher trainings are so radical they deserve a list of their own. Here are some highlights from those trainings, which, if she’s confirmed, could be coming to your child’s school:
- Includes a focus on “White privilege,” in which the White teachers are taught that they’re “colonizers” on stolen Native American land;
- White teachers are told, “You are racist” and, “You are upholding racist ideas, structures and policies;”
- Teachers are required to “confront and examine [their] White privilege,” “acknowledge when [they] feel White fragility,” and, “teach others to see their privilege.”
- Told White teachers that every day they commit “spirit murder,” defined as “a death that is built on racism and intended to reduce, humiliate, and destroy people of color.”
- Teachers are expected to fight for social justice both inside and outside of school walls.
- Teaches that the most important step [in combating systemic racism] is active anti-racism…but that White teachers have a different task: “Many must first win the fight regarding racism within themselves.”
- White teachers are told that they must call out “White emotionalities” and, “White Fragility.” (“Call out” as in, confront and/or report your friends, colleagues and parents)
- Therapy for White teachers should “undo the Whiteness in education."
Marten contends that White people writ-large are responsible for Black poverty, suffering and "systemic" racist oppression.
As dangerous as that is, there is one thing in this hate-filled agenda that White people are responsible for: And that is allowing this divisive, belittling propaganda to permeate our schools and poison the minds of our teachers and children in the first place.
We have been asleep at the watch. We've placed our most precious asset -- our children's minds -- into the hands of a public school system that has been quietly installing Marxist ideology into every facet of education and it's critical that we take a stand.
First: Call your Congressman and tell them not to confirm Cindy Marten. Then get laser-focused on your community. Every reasonable person must stay informed about local politics, get involved in local school board decisions, run for office, communicate regularly with your child's school administration and make your voice heard about harmful curriculum before it's adopted. And when all else fails, opt your child out of toxic videos, reading assignments and all lessons that give validity to these soul-crushing ideologies.
Make 2021 the year of local politics and start with your schools. The dignity of all children is at stake.
Freedom Diners: What do you think about Biden's pick? Do you have a story of cultural Marxism invading your child's school? Join the conversation by sharing your comments below and check back often to see where it goes.
To learn more about Critical Race Theory, check out our Patriot's Platter course, coming soon. Sign up for our newsletter to get updates on new courses, books and more!
For further information on Marten, Love, White Privilege rhetoric and more, take a good swig of anti-nausea medication and check out these links:
white-privilege-understanding-power-and-privilege-in-education.pdf (documentcloud.org) San Diego Unified Schools teacher training on white privilege Contributed by Chris Rufo, City Journal:
How Schools Are 'Spirit Murdering' Black and Brown Students (Opinion) (edweek.org) By Bettina Love May 23, 2019
White Teachers Need Anti-Racist Therapy (Opinion) (edweek.org) By Bettina Love: 2-6-2020